Help us develop the program for the College Board’s 2019 ACCUPLACER National Conference—submit a proposal for a main conference session by Friday, February 22, 2019.
The strength of the conference stems from sessions developed and led by dedicated educators and professionals like you.
Interested in partnering with another institution or an ACCUPLACER team member but don't know how? Email us.
This year we are seeking proposals in the categories listed below. It’s important that you review these categories before drafting your session proposal. Also, be sure to read the guidelines on this page and on the Writing Guidelines page before you start writing.
- Access and Opportunity
- Career and Technical Education
- Developmental Education
- Multiple Factors
- Prior Learning Assessment
- Professional Development
- All main conference sessions are scheduled to run for 60 minutes. You should plan your session to allow for sufficient Q&A time.
- All rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector and screen. Additional requests are subject to approval. Please note that we may not be able to honor all AV requests, especially late requests and last-minute, on-site requests.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Submit a proposal only if you have secured funding from your institution to attend the conference and only if you are available to present at any time during the conference.
- Presenters and copresenters are responsible for their own travel, hotel arrangements, and expenses.
- Submit no more than two proposals, either as a lead presenter or co-presenter. Get consent before you list other individuals as copresenters and provide their contact information.
- As a lead presenter, you are responsible for sharing with your copresenters all information you receive from College Board staff about conference policies and logistics.
- All session titles and descriptions, along with presenter names, job titles, and states, are part of the official conference program and will be edited for consistency and accuracy.
- All proposals will be reviewed by the ACCUPLACER National Conference Planning Committee.
Please review the Presenter FAQs page for more information.
Please keep in mind that because of the need for a balanced program and also because of time and space limitations, not all qualified proposals can be accepted. If your proposal is not accepted for this year's conference, please consider submitting one next year.
Note: Session proposals promoting the purchase of books, materials, or services will not be considered for the conference program.
The ACCUPLACER National Conference Planning Committee will review all proposals and notify you of its decision on your proposal in March 2019.
Questions? Email us.